other great stuff

Thursday, January 19, 2012

it's nice and sweet.......artwork and unfinished projects.

We thought we'd interrupt our regularly scheduled program to give *snaps* to our resident artist.

He doesn't actually live here, though we wish he did. Then we could work him all hours of the day night. He'd be at our beck and call, we'd chain him to his paintbrush, we'd probably make him cook and clean too......

DJ (Darryl) Berger is a friend, writer, blogger and artist. Over the years, we have slowly filled our walls, piece by piece, with his artwork.
It has become a Christmas tradition, actually. Every year Jamie, or I, gift the other a painting.

Give a Berger, Get a Berger.
That's what we call it.

Here are some pics of the painting I gifted Jamie, this year. It's HUGE and it's in three pieces (a triptych) that will be hung a few inches apart, on one of the walls in our vaulted staircase.

The cities on the caps are places Jamie and I have lived, places where we fell in looooooove.




it's nice and sweet, mixed media on cradled wood panel; 60 x 40 x 1.5 inches; triptych; the string series continues.

You can read more about this piece on Darryl's blog, HERE.

Darryl also needs to be given credit for all of the artwork on this blog. He designed the title banner. He actually designed about 20 different banners for us to use and play around with. We love every single one of them.

We feel really fortunate to have Darryl around. He and I are really different but he puts up with me, typically without too much complaining.

When I have a crazy idea (and I have about 10 of these a week), I'll call/email/Facebook him and say "Hey I was thinking, I want to do *this* and *this* and *this* SO, can you do *this* and *this* and *this* and make it all look fabulous?"

I can tell what he wants to say is:
You're insane.
This will never work.
Please stop calling me.
Have you been drinking? (he actually does say that sometimes...)


What he says is:
Okay.
I have a few ideas.
I'll get back to you.


And then he does, with way more than we'd ever expected.
He's good to have around.

You can check out more of his artwork on my blog Yippie!

Also, just so you know that we are indeed working busily this week, I thought share some of our projects on the go.
Don't let this shock you. It shocked me.

When you live in a reno, you somehow forget about all the things that aren't done.
Until you walk around with a camera looking for them and then *BAM* you realize you're living in a shit storm.

Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment